Saturday, June 23, 2007

music downloads

To pay or not to pay? Hmmmm, I'm all about the free. I'll admit, I am one that is quick to run home and download a song that I just heard on the radio that I liked. I understand the artist has to make a living, but I have to agree with many out there that say why pay $14-$15 for a CD that probably has only 1 or 2 good songs on it.

The artists and companies talk about we are taking money out of their mouths and pockets by downloading online or burning copies for friends...I mean, really? 'Cuz it sure don't look that way from their videos and interviews. Everyone knows that in the business you make your money by going on concert tours and merchandising. I mean, right? Everyone knows that?

Don't get me wrong, depending on the artist, I am willing to shell out the dollars for a whole CD, and that is only if the CD holds more than 10 songs, but for a new artist that just came out or an artist that i am not completely 100% feeling, downloading or burning is the way. Sorry, thats just the way I feel.


By the way, thanks for the new sites: LastFM, Musicstrands, and Upto11. Great sites.

No comments: